Monday, July 7, 2014

rainy day

i love weather
the changes 
and these few pictures are NOT
are decidedly not what today is.
 anyway, fist cutting 
should be all done and gathered in
and new growth well underway
 but i loved these large square bales
(yes, i know they're not square)
taken in the early morning sunshine
here:
all good farmers got in their hay
even this youngster
but
this is how things look today
 only more gray and less
as the rain decrees.
 practicing with a horn bag pattern,
and amused by how my understanding is
different from jean's 
but they all work out
maybe it's like the plethora of ways
to make a potholder or a needle book?
anyway,
i'm putting the textblock together for this cover
 i stitched it to ecoprinted flax cave paper
this book will go 
directly 
to the morgan for a show
focused on eastern papermaking.

9 comments:

  1. THAT BOOK ! if i could....i would wear that book of yours. yummy-gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful evocative hay bales. I can smell them for sure. I lived in Italy for two summers and one of the greatest of many pleasures was watching the progress of the hay field across the tiny road from my house. One year they stacked the cubical bales into a little house form and roofed it with a tarp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. therese, it's pretty small, but would love you to wear it!
    gwen, how lovely to live in italy for the summer, and farmers everywhere have to have a little fun in haying season

    ReplyDelete
  4. as long as the horn bag has horns guess it doesn't matter how they got there! The only time I tried haying I almost stopped breathing before my ex. believed I wasn't kidding and took me to emerg. allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the distressed red wall is speaking to me. i am in a red thin right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. neki, it says save me! what is a red thin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. jean, i haven't gone back to it (another project called) yet, yikes to haying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Goodness. I think you found my old red Schwinn bicycle. I loved that baby. Ha

    Your blog/ much wonderfuls .

    ReplyDelete
  9. m, many thanks. i never had a schwinn. i had an american flyer, turquoise, three speed. i was stylin'

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *